Stainless Steel Kitchen Buying Guide
Among the most used and desired material for a kitchen sink, stainless steel ranks among the few top ones. The most obvious reasons being its sturdiness, low-cost maintenance, and less frequency of plumbing. The qualities they possess make them a huge demand. Another reason for steel being higher on demand-list is that is seems to be ageless. As much you use it, that much it looks similar to the initial face.
While you decide on the kind of kitchen sink you wish to have, there are some suggestions we are putting for you to take a look at.
Check-point while choosing A Steel Sink
- The first thing to check before you decide on something is the material. In most cases, the steel is taken to be stainless steel, which means it’s an alloy of some more metal with steel. Ideally, it’s chromium or nickel as the part of steel. You need to check the percentage of these elements, because the presence makes difference to the overall quality of your steel sink. A quick point to remember in mind while you read these elements on the steel is that higher the percentage of these metals, better would be the quality of the steel.
- Second thing to notice is the thickness of the steel. In general terms, it’s called a gauge. Important to know is that higher figure of thickness doesn’t mean highest thickness. Smaller the number is more is the thickness of the steel. Preferable would be to pick a sink with higher gauge. Higher level of thickness means higher durability, lesser vulnerability to dents, while ensuring that the noise produced by the sink is also less. Thin gauges cause more noise.
- Polishing or coating the steel is ideally done to make it more noise-proof. In most cases, the coating is absent from the sink, and has to be installed externally. It’s a good feature to be considered. Giving addition polish to the sink makes it look glossy and also adds another layer of safety to it.
Why Pick Stainless Steel Sinks?
In the assortment of so many types of sinks, wondering why you need to look at stainless steel sink as an option at all? Well, the reasons are many:
- Strength is surely the foremost reason for making steel a popular option for sinks. It’s durable, and resistant to breaking easily. Steel sinks also get lesser number of dents and scratches.
- Steel, being widely used, falls under an average and affordable price-range. Some models fight fall under an expensive category also, but there are lots of options in steel which are quite affordable to common pocket.
- They require way lesser maintenance than any other sink-material. Being resistant to external pressures, it’s sturdy enough to need any plumber every now and then.
- It’s reusable. Steel is among that material that could be recycled and hence it’s environment-friendly as well.